Monday, November 27, 2006

THANKSgiving

We had a GREAT Thanksgiving
and we had SO MUCH to be thankful for.
It was great being able to celebrate with my sister in law and her family. This year
I WAS PROMOTED
- you see I am usually the paper products and plastic utensils girl - but since my mother in law went out of town - I was able to HELP with some of the cooking -- now don't get me wrong - my sister in law is no dummy - SHE kept all the more difficult (combo dishes - those containing more than one item) things for herself but here is all the stuff we made -- and it was all so YUMMY

Me
Green Beans (del monte - but i added some bacon)
Ham (Black Forest - our fam's fav)
Corn (HO HO HO green giant) frozen with a whole stick of BUTTER
Mashed Potatoes (my hubby made these)
PIES - Apple PUMPKIN and Pecan (all courtesy of SAM'S CLUB)
Rolls (brown and serve)
and the big one -- THE MAC AND CHEESE -- (i followed Paula Deen's recipe on this and I was so glad I didn't screw it up) THANKS PAULA!

Melissa (sister in law)
Dressing
Turkey Breast
Sweet Potatoe Casserole
Brocolli and Rice Casserole
Green Bean Casserole
deviled eggs
and some sort of blueberry and grape jello concoction

It was so fun to help out -- who knows maybe next year I will get to make some casseroles ???? :D :D ;) :D

No comments: