Monday, August 18, 2008

Poor GUY -- tooth woes

Today the 3rd day of school (about 10:30ish) Heath got a call from the school nurse saying that Noah broke part of his tooth off in PE class- and did we want to come and pick him up -- I asked to speak to Noah and I could tell he was trying not to cry so I asked "Do you want me to come get you" so he could just say yes or no - with out having to sound like a baby in front of the nurse and other students in the office. He is starting to be concerned about those things. Anyway he said yes and Heath went after him - while I phoned the dentist. The dentist said to put the piece of tooth in milk and bring him in immediately. Heath brought Noah to me and I drove him to the dentist -- Poor Guy -- It was a HUGE chunk of his tooth - i would say almost half of it was gone -- (well not gone but in the cup with milk) I can't even believe the nurse even gave us the option of letting him stay at school - it almost seemed as if she was just letting us know what happened and was going to send him back to class. CRAZY!

So at the dentist they did x-rays to see if the nerve was exposed. It looked kind of iffy the dentist was showing me the images so that I knew what he was talking about -- Noah was saying it didn't hurt but when the dentist went to touch the tooth he flinched -- anyway the dentist said it looked a little fleshy but he wasn't sure if the nerve was exposed or not so he just bonded it all back together and we will just have to watch him -- The dentist said there is about a 50/50 chance of having to have a root canal ----- OUCH --

so my poor little guy is camping out with me today
and I will never look at a glass of milk the same again

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor guy. My mother works at a pediatric dental office and this kind of thing happens all of the time. Hope he does well!

Barb Nelson said...

All I can say is thank goodness I don't like milk! I don't think I could drink a glass now!! Hope he's doing OK and the tooth does NOT need a root canal - ouch!

Nicole Maki said...

Poor sprout. That's just awful!

Glad he got to come home and hang out with you.

Angela W said...

Milk, huh? I will have to keep that in mind. I hope he won't have to have a root canal and that he is doing ok now.