Thursday, October 29, 2009
As with any parent - it hurts me when my children hurt. I want to fix this for her, wave my magic mommy wand and make everything right. Seems there well always be a "empty" spot at our table where he should be sitting.
I miss him everyday but sometimes on days like today it feels as if I have lost him all over again
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Scrolling through my blog and I can't help but notice that I have been posting mostly "crafty" things and not so much personal "schtuff". It seems that this is my life, either I am coasting through with craft projects or there is so much drama that I can't find my mojo. I will say I love how things have been going. Knock on Wood. But in an effort to give you a little peek into my life I will sum it up in a song......just kidding. How about bullet points.
- Going to school full-time. Still working on becoming a Registered Nurse. A&P is really giving me a run for my money.
- Recently became a CNA. Requirement here to enter the Nursing Program.
- My littles are growing faster than the speed of light. Noah is away as I type on his first overnight school trip.....tear
- My husband has helped in ways I never knew he could (starting to think he was only pretending that he couldn't do laundry for all those years).
- Member of the Doubleshot Design Team at The Scrap Room. Love having deadlines and having a reason to make myself scrap. A lot of time my fun scrapping time gets put on the back burner but no longer.
- Last but certainly not least --- PUMPKIN SPICE CREAMER is out finally - the moment I wait for all year long.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Layout of Noah's first day of 4th grade at a new school (it goes with the layout featured here)
Items used are from The Scrap-Room's October Doubleshot kit. I loved the Jillibean Alphabet Soup Paper - perfect for those back to school photos. Additional items that I used were Heidi Swapp chipboard alpha's, acrylic paint, and bazzill cardstock. Hope you enjoy ;)
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Added Heidi Swapp chipboard alphas
American Craft Thickers
Jillibean Pattern Paper
used my charcoal cat eye ink
Stampin up punch
sewing machine to zig zag
raffia to tie on the buttons
Friday, October 09, 2009
Cosmo Cricket Patterned Paper and Chipboard embellie
American Crafts Thickers
and Making Memories tiny alphas
zig zaged the edge of the patterned paper on my sewing machine
and inked almost everything with a charcoal cat eye