Friday, December 12, 2008

December 11th




Advent Calendar

We watched the movie Front of the Class, which is a Hallmark Movie about a man who has Tourette Syndrome and accomplished his dream of becoming a teacher. It really was a great movie and I know it was encouraging for Noah. I think he can feel very isolated and this was a good opportunity for him to see that his disability (although trying) doesn't have to rob him of his dreams.

We also had pizza rolls for dinner.....the kids love these and we sometimes have them for snack but they had requested them for dinner last week...... who am I to object to anything pizza related :)

After the kids ate they had their baths, put on their pj's and we headed out the door. Yep, you heard me right! We stopped and picked up HOT CHOCOLATE and drove through the CHRISTMAS LIGHTS at Rhema. I have a few pictures I will post later. We weren't able to walk through the lights because .... well .... the kids were in their pjs but we are going to go back again before Christmas.

The kids are going to my mom's this weekend so we packed a lot into today. LOADS of FUN and the best part was that Heath was home from work for most of it (missed part of the movie) THAT WAS A SPECIAL TREAT.

1 comment:

Angela W said...

Sounds great! We need to take the boys through Rhema. Are you feeling better now? I hope so!