Sunday, December 28, 2008

December 25th






First let me say, I know that Jesus wasn't born on DEC 25 - more than likely He was born in spring since they were traveling to pay taxes. That being said MY FAMILY chooses to celebrate HIS GLORIOUS BIRTH on DEC 25th.

Christmas morning we woke up at my parents house -- It was fun to be there with my family and especially being able to see my niece's first Christmas.

I couldn't help but imagine how it must have been for Mary and Joseph. To know that you are giving birth to the Savior and yet having people tell you there was "no room" for you. Giving birth in a stable.

Then it seemed my thoughts turned the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and the price He paid for all of us. The pain He must have endured....

And then I thought of the boundless love that God has for us. And how little HE asks of us in return. How ashamed I am that my actions aren't always what they should be... my words and thoughts aren't always pure. but how when I ask for HIS forgiveness an overwhelming feeling of peace encompasses me.... GOD IS SO GOOD... All the TIME!!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.

We walked through the lights at Rhema tonight with Ken and Drema.... It was wonderful...pictures to come

No comments: