Monday, February 02, 2009

Love that lasts


snapped some photos of my great grand parents who have been married for over 70 years. My grandma is in the hospital with cancer and she had just had surgery. My grandpa woke up at 2 in the morning and decided to drive to the hospital where she was (over 2 hours away).

earlier today he was talking to a gentlemen in the sun room who was up walking around with his iv (my grandpa has never met a stranger) anyway they were teasing about walking the hospital checking out the ladies and then my grandpa told the his new friend that he had long since realized that he could search to the ends of the earth and never find another like Betty (my grandma).

I love them, and I love that even after all these years their love for each other is strong.

As a child I loved spending time with them watching birds or working in the garden (not so much working but eating strawberries just as quick as I could pick them)

No comments: