Tuesday, August 08, 2006

BUMMER

i didn't make it
everything i said i wouldn't feel
I DO FEEL
trying to stay positive
but it is so hard

part of me thinks YOU SUCK
and you should never submit anything
ever again -- and then the POSITIVE
side says -- get up - dust yourself off -
and have another go at it

it reminds me of a time when i was bucked off
my horse (Dutchess) and my dad wouldn't let
me just go up to the house
HE MADE ME GET BACK ON
he knew if i walked away there was a good
chance i wouldn't ride again
at the time i didn't really understand
but my dad knew what he was doing
he made sure i was OK and then with
tears in my eyes i climbed back into the saddle

So tonight I am again a little sad - I LOVE TSR
and really thought I found a place that would be
a perfect fit -- but i am gonna dust myself off and try again


CONGRATS TO ALL THE LADIES WHO DID MAKE IT
TO THE NEXT ROUND -- GO GET EM

3 comments:

Christi said...

You do GREAT work! You have NOTHING to hang your head about! Look at it this way... you will have more time to teach me now.. hee hee hee.. there is always a positive side to everything!!! You will get it the next time! Get up back on that horse!!

Greta Adams said...

don't worry about it....you are a great scrapper and truly...i think 1/2 the people who do make....nevermind...i'll be nice...you dust yourself off and try again...just please remember to not get caught up in the whole getting published mentality and forget why you started scrapping to begin with....you'll get it sooner or later....hold your head up high!!

Anonymous said...

I really wanted you to get it. I love your work... I know the girls on TSR love you too. and your work. It just wasn't in the cards. Maybe next year. Get back on the horse and away from the curb...:).