Monday, April 13, 2009

injection day one

Today started as most, getting up, getting the kids ready for school, fed, and out the door.

But then I made my way to the doctor's office for the first injection. My week is filled with appointments. Injections on Monday and Tuesday. Ingest radiation on Wednesday. Then a Whole Body Scan (WBS) on Friday.

I have had these injections only once before and had only mild side effects (headaches with some tiredness). This time around it doesn't seem like I will have it as easy. My injection was at 9am and before noon I had some nausea, by 3 it was dizzyness, mild headache, nausea. I layed down from about 4-6. Then tonight it was full on vomitting - out the mouth and nose to the point of micturition. There were moments I was wondering when I would get my next breath. Disgusting I know but it is the raw/unedited truth.

Fingers crossed that tomorrow's injection comes with fewer side effects.
Now to try to muster up some energy to get a little bit of school work done. If not I may just go to bed.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Sorry you have to go through this. Think of it as a good thing if it can detect early onset. xxx

Nicole Maki said...

So sorry you are going through this.

I'll continue praying that the side effects will be minimal and all will be well.

Maribel said...

I hope and pray that you have fewer side effects...