Friday, April 17, 2009

Scan Day

Today marked the end of a week and a half of appointments. :) I had my Whole Body Scan today, but it will be next week before I get the results. The hospital here has only one doctor who reads these scans so hopefully it won't take too long. The waiting is always the hardest for me. I am not the most patient person. The technician did let me see the scans and there was some radio iodine accumulation in my thyroid bed, as well as my bladder and colon. Since I no longer have a thyroid I am not sure if there is supposed to be accumulation in the thyroid bed but I do know that having it present in the bladder and colon is normal. I will update when I know more.
Thanks for all of your prayers.
God Bless

5 comments:

Nicole Maki said...

Thanks for letting us know the time line on getting your results.

I hate waiting for medical test results. I can only imagine how trying this must be.

Are you feeling back to normal or are the effect of the meds still in effect?

Praying for you daily - actually, more than that :-)

Janine Rachau said...

Just checking in,...thanks for the updates. You are on my mind & in my prayers. Hugs, Janine

Cass said...

You're in my thoughts and my prayers Shawnna.

Shawnna Samples said...

I am feeling great... and I lost about 4-5 pounds too ;) probably just water but a girl can dream right :)

Janine Rachau said...

Now, I'm really getting impatient too. I think about you everyday. Hugs, Janine